Please answer all 20 questions correctly and get back to me within the next 3 hours
1. Modifier -P5 indicates that the patient
A. experienced postoperative anemia.
B. is not expected to survive without the operation.
C. received a lower anesthesia dosage.
D. is advanced in age.
2. Code 99217 is assigned for
A. nursing home services.
B. observation discharge services.
C. established patient visits.
D. new patient office visits.
3. Code range 99218–99220 denotes
A. emergency room visits.
B. initial hospital visits.
C. initial observation care.
D. follow-up hospital visits.
4. A physician performs an invasive surgical procedure. Prior to the start of the procedure, the anesthesiologist administers monitored anesthesia. Which modifier should be appended to the anesthesia code?
5. When more than one surgery is performed during one anesthesia administration, the coder should
A. report the anesthesia code with the highest base value unit.
B. assign modifier -QS to the second surgery code.
C. assign add-on code 01900 to indicate more than one surgery was performed during a single operative session.
D. add modifier -QY to the first surgery code.
6. Modifier -P3 indicates that the patient
A. received topical anesthesia.
B. is in a coma.
C. received local anesthesia.
D. has severe systemic disease.
7. ___ modifiers indicate the number of anesthesia cases being directed at one time.
A. Coordinated time
8. A coder adds modifier -P2 to an anesthesia code. This modifier indicates the patient
A. is allergic to lidocaine.
B. received general anesthesia.
C. is handicapped.
D. has mild systemic disease.
9. The risk of morbidity or mortality would be considered as a part of
A. review of systems.
B. medical decision-making.
C. history of present illness.
D. chief complaint.
10. A patient who has not been seen by a physician or another physician in the same group within the last three years is a/an _______ patient.
11. The dollar rate of each anesthesia unit is called the _______ factor.
A. unit conversion
D. base value unit rate
12. A patient who has been admitted to a hospital is a/an
B. established patient.
C. new patient.
D. ambulatory surgery patient.
13. A patient undergoes an esophagogastric tamponade with a balloon. How would this procedure be coded?
14. Codes in the range of 99224–99226 represent services for
A. critical care services.
B. subsequent observations.
D. initial observations.
15. Which of the following code ranges are add-on codes reported for prolonged physician services?
A. 99458–99586, 99372
B. 99212–99252, 99344
C. 99673–99873, 99001
D. 99354–99357, 99359
16. A patient who has been treated by a physician or another physician in the same group within the last three years is a/an _______ patient.
17. Modifier -QY indicates that
A. anesthesia administration was abruptly terminated due to surgical complications.
B. the surgeon is administering anesthesia.
C. the physician is supplying topical anesthesia only.
D. an anesthesiologist is directing the CRNA during anesthesia administration.
18. _______ circumstance codes are used in situations that increase the difficulty of administering anesthesia.
A. UNIT administration modification
C. ASA relativity
19. Other nursing facility services would be reported with code
20. A patient undergoes a pacemaker insertion. She is not expected to survive if she doesn’t have the operation. What code should be reported?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.