Remember that the following are only “prompts” meant to get you started on thinking about your essay. Do not think of these as questions you must answer. Once you have selected a topic based on a prompt, discard the prompt and write an independent paper.
1) Write an essay analyzing some ways in which Disney fairy tales films reproduce —-patriarchal stereotypes about the feminine life-cycle: the cycle of youth, middle-age, and old age/grandma stage. Keep in mind the point made by Elizabeth Bell that images of servants and animals in Disney films also reflect stereotypes of the female life-cycle (so you can discuss selected servant figures or select animal imagery as one of your examples).
2) Write an essay comparing and contrasting selected images of manhood in Disney Animation Features with reference to Aaron Devor’s theory of the “patriarchal gender schema.” Consider if each image is reinforcing and/or breaking down patriarchal notions of manhood.
3) Write an essay analyzing in what ways codes of race, ethnicity (i.e., national origin), and class combine with codes of gender (maleness or femaleness) to create inequalities between persons and groups on the Disney screen.
4) Write an essay comparing and contrasting body images and behavior patterns of selected Disney Animation characters in order to analyze which body types and behaviors win out or lose out in the story. Analyze not only how but also why these respective character types win out or lose out.
Your goal is to come up with a point of view of your own and argue for the validity of the viewpoint. So to do, you must two things. (a) You must explain and support your own viewpoint through drawing on selected quotations from the scholarly articles by Aaron Devor and Elizabeth Bell. Published articles lend authority and credibility to your own claims and, hence, are important grounds upon which to build your own argument in academic essays. (b) You must support your viewpoint with evidence—i.e., specific examples from the film scenes we have viewed and discussed in class.
Prepare a Preliminary Outline along the following lines:
1) Pick a prompt.
2) Make a list of the film scenes and characters you will discuss in your essay.
3) Write a few sentences explaining why you have picked these examples, what you find relevant and interesting about these examples, and how they all seem hang together and fit together.
4) Pick a few concrete details from these scenes that indicate what you feel you want to say about these scenes.
5) Pick two or three quotations from the articles that you think would fit and help you to build a case for what you want to say.
6) Write a rough thematic statement that connects the quotations and the examples you have picked.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.