Gloria Anzaldua’s “How to Tame A Wild Tongue” Reading and Vocabulary Guide
1. Why were Anzaldua and other Chicano students required to take two speech classes at Pan American University?
2. How does Anzaldua describe Chicano Spanish? What are three of the languages Anzaldua lists as spoken by Chicanos today?
3. In your own words, describe Pachuco using 2-3 complete sentences.
4. What are some of the differences between Chicano Spanish and Standard Spanish according to Anzaldua?
5. According to Anzaldua, how do Chicanos and Chicanas who grew up speaking the language feel about it?
6. What does Anza Id ua say is the way to “really hurt” her on page 59? How does this hurt her?
7. What does Anza Idua mean when she writes that “Chicanos straddle the borderlands?”
8.What is the “dual identity Anzaldua describes of Chicanos and other people of color on page 63?
1. Does using message? Why or why not?
2. How would you label the different languages you speak like those Anzaldua lists and explains? For example, do you speak in a version of slang with your friends versus what you speak with your parents or boss?
3. If you do not speak or read Spanish, how did you go about reading it? Did you skip words, look up the translations, or try to interpret them on your own? If you DO speak or Spanish, how did having to switch from English to Spanish impact the way you read the essay?
Define the following vocabulary terms:
“Mother Tongue,” Amy Tan
1. What does Tan mean by the phrase “mother tongue,” and why does she feel so deeply about her mother tongue?
2. Describe Tan’s attitude toward her mother’s language in her youth? How has Tan’s attitude changed since then
3. Make a list of the ways in which the language skills of Tan’s mother have been described; point to specific word choice in the text to support your response. Alternatively, how does Tan see her mother’s language abilities? Again, point to specific word choice in the text to support your response
4. How does Tan use her mother tongue in her work today?
GLORIA ANZALDUA How to Tame a Wild Tongue LINK:https://www.everettsd.org/cms/lib07/WA01920133/Centricity/Domain/965/Anzaldua-Wild-Tongue.pdf
Mother Tongue, by Amy Tan
just follow the question to answer not essay thanks !
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.