1.Two growth hormones are being considered. A random sample of 10 rats was given the first hormone and the average weight gain was x1 = 2.3 pounds with a standard deviation s1 = 0.4 pound. For the second hormone, a random sample of 15 rats had an average weight gain of x2 = 1.9 pounds with a standard deviation s2 = 0.2 pound. Assume the weight gains follow a normal distribution. Find the 90% confidence interval for the difference in average weight gain for the two growth hormones.
a.0.20 to 0.60 pounds
b.0.17 to 0.63 pounds
c.0.15 to 0.65 pounds
d.0.24 to 0.56 pounds
2. The manufacturer of a coffee dispensing machine claims that the ounces per cup dispensed is mound shaped and symmetric with a mean u = 7 ounces and standard deviation o = 0.8 ounce. If 40 cups of coffee are measured, what is the probability that the average ounces per cup is between 6.8 and 7.4 ounces?
3. A random sample of 47 manuscripts typed by Katlyn showed that 13 of them had errors. A random sample of 85 manuscripts typed by Dara showed that 31 of them had errors. Find a 99% confidence interval for the difference in the proportion of all manuscripts with errors typed by Katlyn compared to those typed by Dara.
a. -0.323 to 0.146
b. -0.252 to 0.076
c. -0.887 to 0.711
d. -0.303 to 0.127
4. A manufacturing company produces electric insulators. If the insulators break in use, a short is likely to occur. Thus, destructive testing is carried out to determine how much force is required to break the insulators. Suppose you wish to estimate the mean force required to break the insulators to within +- 25 pounds with 95% confidence. If on the basis of a study taken the previous year, you believe that the standard deviation is 100 pounds, find the sample size needed. Place your answer, rounded up to the next highest whole number.
5. Studies have shown that 24% of all students at Sky High School smoke. Suppose we happen to observe a random sample of 70 students in the school courtyard. What is the probability that the proportion of those 70 student in the courtyard who smoke is no more that 20%?
6. Assumingthe weights of newborn babies at a certain hospital are normally distributed with mean 6.5 pounds and standard deviation 1.2 pounds, how many babies in a group of 80 babies for this hospital will weigh more than 8.9 pounds? Round your answer to the nearest whole number.
7. The diameter of oranges from a Florida orchard are normally distributed with mean u = 3.2 inches and standard deviation o = 1.1 inches. A packing supplier is designing special occasion presentation boxes for oranges and needs to know the average diameter for a random sample of 8 oranges. If a random sample of 8 oranges is to be taken from this orchard, what is the probability that the mean diameter of those oranges will be smaller than 3 inches? Round your answer to 4 decimal places.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.