Learning Goal: I’m working on a english writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Explore academic arguments and evidence related to topics that are highly debated today! Become a more informed person by learning how to locate and evaluate sources in a library database. Make your own academic claims based on expert arguments and evidence. Consider counterarguments against your own position and write smart, convincing refutations or accommodations. Don’t these skills sound like they will come in handy for future college classes, future work in a variety of fields, or future debates with family members whose beliefs oppose your own?
Select a research topic and corresponding question(s) from the Research Essay Topics list. Write an argumentative essay that offers original claims and researched evidence to respond to the selected question(s)
1. The final research paper must be 5-7 pages long (or 1600-2100 words), double spaced, 1” margins,12 point Times New Roman or 11 points Arial. Essays that do not meet minimum length requirements will not receive a passing grade.
2. Final research essay must follow the required formats from course lessons, materials, and models, and . . .
3. Include an introduction that offers important contextual information about the topic for an unfamiliar reader, as well as a 3D Thesis Statement, according to class lessons/materials.
4. Incorporate SEAS BodyParagraphs with sub-claims, introduction to and incorporation of evidence, author-focused analysis, and a discussion of the significance of the evidence with regard to the larger argument.
5. Cite/draw evidence from a minimum of four sources from the Opposing Viewpoints in the context database. Two sources should come from the Viewpoints sections of OpposingViewpoints (either featured viewpoints or all) and should form a point/counterpoint in response to your question (think pro/con). Two additional sources can come from any section, including Viewpoints, Academic Journals, News, or Magazines. The general research starter article at the top of your research page does not count as one of your sources. If you don’t see what you think you need for your essay, contact me. Note: any sources outside Opposing Viewpoints need prior approval before being incorporated into the assignment.
6. Introduce a counterargument, and then either refute or accommodate that counterargument according to the formats offered in the corresponding lessons/materials.
7. Wrap up your essay with a conclusion that restates your main argument and sub-claims and addresses the larger significance of your position. You can connect to current events, offer a call to action, or end with a personal connection to the topic.
8. Use in-text citations and include a work cited page according to MLA standards. The works cited page does not count toward essay page length. Tip: All sources in the Opposing Viewpoints in Context have a completed, formatted, correct MLA citation available, already completed for you.
I chose the topic Does violent media (like films or video games) cause violence in children, adolescents, or teens?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.