You always want to make sure that when you go to a website where you purchase something and checkout, or you put some personal data into the web browser, that the website is secure. Meaning that it is encrypting the data you are putting in. What is actually being encrypted?
In this lab you will observe the traffic on your computer using Wireshark. Answer the questions below as you progress through the procedure. Your computer should be connected to the Internet.
1. Open Wireshark and start a capture on the network card you are using. Go to Google.com in your web browser. Is this an HTTP or HTTPS connection? ____________________________________
2. Observe the traffic you see when going to google.com. What TCP port is being used by google for this connection? ___________________
3. When you determine the port number, put in the following filter in Wireshark: tcp.port==<port number>. This will only see the HTTPS connection in Wireshark and filter everything else out.
4. What protocol is the connection using when you go to google? ______________________
5. Look for the words “Application Data” under the Info column. Double-click this packet to open up the details for this packet.
6. There will be a layer that says Transport Layer Security. Open up the line by clicking the arrow next to the line. Are you able to read the data that is being carried within this packet? ________ Why? _________________________________________
7. Restart your Wireshark trace. Go to www.stealmylogin.com.
8. You should now see packets being displayed on the Wireshark window. Stop the trace
9. Open the first HTTP packet that represents the GET message under the info column by double clicking on it. How many lines are displayed at the top of the page? ____________
10. Expand all of the header lines to display the packet details by clicking on the arrows next to them. From the trace, answer the following questions:
What is the destination port number? __________
Do you see www.stealmylogin.com anywhere? __________ If so which layer is it? _______________
Explain the differences you saw between the two websites you observed in Wireshark. What were the differences you noticed when you did the trace? You should write about 250 words or more to get full credit for this lab.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.