1. If the sampling distribution of a sample statistic has a mean equal to the parameter it is estimating, then we call that sample statistic
2. A sample of n = 15 items is drawn from a population of manufactured products and the weight of each item is recorded. Prior experience has shown that the weight has a probability distribution with μ = 6 ounces and σ = 2.5 ounces. Which of the following is true about the sampling distribution of the sample mean?
A) The mean of the sampling distribution is 6 ounces.
B) The standard deviation of the sampling distribution is 2.5 ounces.
C) The shape of the sampling distribution is approximately normal.
D) All of the above are correct.
3. Suppose a 95% confidence interval for μ has been constructed. If it is decided to take a larger sample and to decrease the confidence level of the interval, then the resulting interval width would ________. (Assume that the sample statistics gathered would not change very much for the new sample.)
A) be larger than the current interval width
B) be narrower than the current interval width
C) be the same as the current interval width
D) be unknown until actual sample sizes and reliability levels were determined
4. Which of the following could be an appropriate null hypothesis?
A) The mean of a population is equal to 55.
B) The mean of a sample is equal to 55.
C) The mean of a population is greater than 55.
D) Both A and B are appropriate.
5. If an economist wishes to determine whether there is evidence that mean family income in a community exceeds $50,000
A) either a one-tail or two-tail test could be used with equivalent results.
B) a one-tail test should be used.
C) a two-tail test should be used.D) a regression analysis should be performed.
6. We have created a 95% confidence interval for μ with the result (12, 17). What decision will we make if we test H0: μ = 16 versus Ha: μ ≠ 16 at α = 0.05?
A) Reject H0
B) Accept H0
C) Fail to reject H0
D) We cannot tell what our decision will be from the information given
7. Suppose we want to test H0: μ = 30 versus Ha: μ< 30. Which of the following possible sample results based on a sample of size 36 gives the strongest evidence to reject H0 in favor of Ha?
A) = 28, S = 6
B) = 27, S = 4
C) = 32, S = 2
D) = 26, S = 9
8. A major DVD rental chain is considering opening a new store in an area that currently does not have any such stores. The chain will open if there is evidence that more than 5,000 of the 20,000 households in the area are equipped with DVD players. It conducts a telephone poll of 300 randomly selected households in the area and finds that 96 have DVD players. What is the alternative hypothesis (Ha) the chain will use in a hypothesis test?
A) p> 0.32
B) p> 0.25
C) p> 5,000
D) μ> 5,000
9. A manager of the credit department for an oil company states that the mean monthly balance of credit card holders is equal to $75. An auditor selects a random sample of 100 accounts and finds that the mean owed is $83.40 with a sample standard deviation of $23.65. If you wanted to test whether there is evidence that the mean balance is different from $75, which test would you use?
A) Z-test of a population mean
B) Z-test of a population proportion
C) t-test of a population mean
D) t-test of a population proportion
10. If the p-value is less than α in a two-tail test,
A) the null hypothesis should not be rejected.
B) the null hypothesis should be rejected.
C) a one-tail test should be used.
D) no conclusion can be reached.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.