(PLEASE READ EVERY SINGLE WORD IN THE ASSIGNMENT DESCRIBTION)
Before you begin this assignment it will be necessary to have read the chapter on Religion and the Supernatural, specifically the section covering Rites of Passage. Then, using the information from the textbook, go to the library or get online and find a specific rite of passage and write an essay about it for me. Be sure to carefully follow all of the instructions I give you.
here is the link of the book (PLEASE READ that chapter )
The essay must be at least 300 words long (if it is not, I will not award any points for the assignment and there will be no chance to make-up the assignment). All sources must be properly cited; this includes a bibliography listing the sources used for the assignment, as well as in-text citation of specific ideas and direct quotes. If either or both are missing, I will not award any points for the assignment and there will be no chance to make-up the assignment. The paper must be presented as a well-crafted essay, all the necessary paragraphs are present and the paper is free of spelling and grammatical errors (20 points). The three phases must be conceptually defined and explained by name (15 points). Finally, the example chosen must be described in clearly and in enough detail to prove that the ritual is a Rite of Passage and to show how each of the parts of the ritual correspond to the three phases of a Rite of Passage (15 points).
By the end of the essay, I should be convinced that you have a solid grasp of the parts and functions of a rite of passage. I should also have enough detail from you about the ritual you have chosen to be convinced that you know your ritual and that it is indeed a rite of passage. You will want to consult your notes from the lecture on Religion and the Supernatural, as I will cover all of the information necessary to successfully complete this assignment. If you missed the class during which I covered this information you will need to borrow the notes of a friend. Complete the assignment by following the steps below:
1) Make sure you are familiar with the details of a Rite of Passage as they are presented in the textbook. Pay special attention to the details of each of the three phases of a Rite of Passage.
2) Choose a specific ritual to write about. You should find ample material in the university library or online. Do not use the rites of passage from your textbook, or if you do make sure that you have gathered a great deal of extra material from other sources. I will be the most critical of those specific rites. Make sure that it is a rite of passage. Does it contain the three phases of a rite of passage? Do you know enough about the ritual to write a detailed essay? Make sure you can look at the ritual objectively. It is important to look at the ritual as a functional piece of a culture.
3) Write an essay of at least 300 words describing the ritual you have chosen, making sure to clearly illustrate how it fits the criteria for a Rite of Passage. If the essay is less than 300 words you will not receive any points for the assignment. I would suggest you organize your essay as follows as it will make grading the assignment (an awarding you all possible points) easier for me and my TA.
Introduction paragraph: Tell me what you are going to tell me. Introduce the concept of a write of Passage and let me know what ritual you will be describing.
Separation Phase: Describe, in detail the portion of your chosen ritual that serves as the separation phase of the ritual. Then describe how this portion of your ritual fits the criteria for the separation phase.
Transition Phase: Describe, in detail, the portion of your ritual that serves as a transition phase. Then, as before, describe how the portion of your ritual fits the criteria for the transition phase.
Introduction Phase: I think you should understand what to do by this phase.
Conclusion: Briefly summarize what you have told me.
1. Is the easy at least 300 words long? If it is not, I will not award any points for the assignment and there will be no chance to make-up the assignment.
2. Are all sources used for the paper properly cited in the text? Is there a bibliography listing the sources used for the assignment? If either or both are missing, I will not award any points for the assignment and there will be no chance to make-up the assignment.
3. The paper is presented as a well crafted essay. All the necessary paragraphs are present and the paper is free of spelling and grammatical errors. This portion of the assignment is worth a total of 20 points.
4. The student clearly describes each of the three phases of a basic Rite of Passage, including the name and function of each of the three phases? This portion of the assignment is worth a total of 15 points.
5. The student describes their chosen ritual clearly and in enough detail to prove that the ritual is a Rite of Passage and to show how each of the parts of the ritual correspond to the three phases of a Rite of Passage. This portion of the assignment is worth 15 points.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.