1. Under-applied overhead occurs when the balance in the Manufacturing Overhead Control account is:
greater than the balance in the Applied Manufacturing Overhead account.
equal to the balance in the Applied Manufacturing Overhead account.
less than the balance in the Applied Manufacturing Overhead account.
less than the balance in the Finished Goods Inventory account.
2. Which of the following companies would most likely use job costing?
Breakfast cereal maker
3. If a company multiplies its predetermined overhead rate by the budgeted allocation base, it is using:
4. Before prorating the manufacturing overhead costs at the end of 2008, the Cost of Goods Sold and Finished Goods Inventory had applied overhead costs of $57,500 and $20,000 , respectively. There was no Work-in-Process at the beginning or end of 2008. During the year, manufacturing overhead costs of $74,000 were actually incurred. The balance in the Applied Manufacturing Overhead was $77,500 at the end of 2008. If the under or overapplied overhead is prorated between Cost of Goods Sold and the inventory accounts, how much will be allocated to the Finished Goods Inventory?
5. Operations costing systems are used when the products have:
used a standardized method that is repeatedly performed.
common characteristics and no individual characteristics.
individual characteristics and no common characteristics.
some common characteristics and some individual characteristics.
6. The ALG Manufacturing Company has gathered the following information for the month of September:
•There were 6,000 units in the beginning Work-in-Process Inventory (75% complete as to materials, 1/3 complete with respect to the conversion costs).
•60,000 units were started into production.
•50,000 units were completed and transferred to the next department.
•The ending Work-in-Process Inventory is complete as to materials, but only 3/8 complete with respect to conversion costs.
What are the equivalent units of production (EUP) for the conversion costs in the month of September, assuming ALG uses weighted-average process costing?
7. Department B had a beginning inventory of 400 units, 1/4 completed; an ending inventory of 300 units, 2/3 completed; and received 900 units from Department A during the period. What was the equivalent unit production of Department B, assuming weighted-average process costing was used?
8. RS Company manufactures and distributes two products, R and S. Currently, overhead costs are allocated using the number of units produced as the allocation base. The controller has recommended changing to an activity-based costing (ABC) system. She has collected the following information:
What is the total overhead per unit allocated to Product S using activity-based costing (ABC)?
9. The Muskego National Bank is considering either a bankwide overhead rate or department overhead rates to allocate $250,000 of indirect costs. The bankwide rate could be based on either direct labor hours (DLH) or the number of loans processed. The departmental rates would be based on direct labor hours for consumer loans and a dual rate based on direct labor hours and the number of loans processed for commercial loans. The following information was gathered for the upcoming period:
If Muskego uses a bankwide rate based on the number of loans processed, what would be the total costs for the commercial department?
10. In general, the first budget prepared is the:
direct labor budget.
11. The forecasting method in which individual forecasts of group members are submitted anonymously and evaluated by the group as a whole is called:
the delphi technique.
12. The amount of materials to be purchased during the budget period is equal to the budgeted:
total production needs plus the units in the beginning materials inventory minus the units in the ending materials inventory.
total production needs plus the units in the ending materials inventory minus the units in the beginning materials inventory.
units to be produced plus the units in the beginning materials inventory minus the units in the ending materials inventory.
units to be produced plus the units in the ending materials inventory minus the units in the beginning materials inventory.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.