Compare/Contrast Two State Government IT Security Policies
For this research-based report, you will perform a comparative analysis that examines the strengths and weaknesses of two existing IT Security Policies published by state governments (agencies and offices of the executive branch under the leadership of the state governors). You may choose any two states’ IT Security Policies from the list published by the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MSISAC). (See item #1 under Research.)
Your analysis must include consideration of best practices and other recommendations for improving cybersecurity for state government information technology operations (state agencies and offices). Your paper should also address the question: why should every state in the nation have a comprehensive IT security policy for state agencies and offices?
1. Select two state government IT Security Policies. Use the list at https://www.cisecurity.org/partners-state-government/ (The list items are not clickable. Cut/paste your choices into the browser search field to find your selection.)
2. Download and review your selected state governments’ IT Security Policy documents.
3. Develop five or more points that are common across the two documents. (Similarities)
4. Identify and review at least three unique items in each document. (Differences)
5. Research best practices for IT Security and/or IT Security Policies for state governments. Here are several sources which you may find helpful:
6. Using your research and your comparison of the two policy documents, develop an answer to the question: Why should every state government have an IT security policy for state agencies and offices under the state’s executive branch?
Write a three- to five- page research-based report in which you summarize your research and discuss the similarities and differences between the two IT security policy documents. You should focus upon clarity and conciseness more than length when determining what content to include in your paper. At a minimum, your report must include the following:
1. An introduction or overview of IT Security Policies for the executive branch of state governments (covering state agencies and offices in the executive branch including the governor’s office). Explain the purpose of an IT security policy and how states use security policies. Answer the question: why should every state in the nation have a comprehensive IT security policy for state agencies and offices? (Make sure that you address the importance of such strategies to small, resource-poor states as well as to large or wealthy states.)
2. A separate section in which you discuss and provide five or more specific examples of the common principles and policy sections/statements (similarities) found in both IT security policy documents.
3. A separate section in which you discuss the unique aspects of the first state’s IT security policy document. Provide five or more the policy document. e specific principles or guidelines or other content that is unique to the policy document.
4. A separate section in which you discuss the unique aspects of the second state’s IT security policy document. Provide five or more the policy document. e specific principles or guidelines or other content that is unique to the policy document.
5. A section in which you discuss your evaluation of which state government has the better of the two IT security policy documents. You should also present five or more best practice recommendations for improvements for both IT security policy documents. (Note: you may have different recommendations for the individual policies depending upon the characteristics of each document.) Answer the question: why should every state in the nation have a comprehensive IT security policy for state agencies and offices?
6. A separate section in which you summarize your research and recommendations.
Submit your work in MS Word format (.docx or .doc file) using the Project 5 Assignment in your assignment folder. (Attach the file.)
1. Consult the grading rubric for specific content and formatting requirements for this assignment.
2. Your 3-5-page research-based report should be professional in appearance with consistent use of fonts, font sizes, margins, etc. You should use headings and page breaks to organize your paper.
3. Your paper should use standard terms and definitions for cybersecurity. See Course Resources > Cybersecurity Concepts Review for recommended resources.
4. The CSIA program recommends that you follow standard APA formatting since this will give you a document that meets the “professional appearance” requirements. APA formatting guidelines and examples are found under Course Resources > APA Resources. An APA template file (MS Word format) has also been provided for your use CSIA_Basic_Paper_Template(APA_6ed,DEC2018).docx.
5. You must include a cover page with the assignment title, your name, and the due date. Your reference list must be on a separate page at the end of your file. These pages do not count towards the assignment’s page count.
6. You should write grammatically correct English in every assignment that you submit for grading. Do not turn in any work without (a) using spell check, (b) using grammar check, (c) verifying that your punctuation is correct and (d) reviewing your work for correct word usage and correctly structured sentences and paragraphs.
7. You must credit your sources using in-text citations and reference list entries. Both your citations and your reference list entries must follow a consistent citation style (APA, MLA, etc.).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.