Case Study: Mortgage Approval Time Study
Read the following case study:
A major financial services company wishes to better understand its mortgage approval process. In particular, the company is interested in learning about the effects of good versus fair credit history, the size of the mortgage (less than $500,000 versus greater than $500,000), and the region of the United States (western versus eastern) on the time it takes to get a mortgage approved. The database of mortgages approved in the last year is accessed, and a random sample of five approved mortgages is chosen for each of the eight combinations of the three variables. The data are shown in the table.
First, conduct an analysis using the following steps:
1. Use the data shown in the table to conduct a design of experiment (DOE) in Microsoft Excel to determine the nature and magnitude of the effects of the three variables on mortgage approval times. Identify the key drivers of this process.
2. Determine the graphical display tool (Interaction Effects Chart, Scatter Chart, et cetera) that you would use to present the results of the DOE you conducted in Question 1. Provide a rationale for your response.
3. Assess the data sampling method:
o Determine if the sample size is sufficient.
o Identify circumstances under which would it have been appropriate to select a larger sample. Determine whether a sample of five mortgages is adequate to access the relative magnitudes of the effects of the variables.
o Recommend a sample size for future study and discuss what analysis can be made with a larger sample size. (Hint: Look back at Chapters 2, 3, 5, and 6 for discussion of sampling.)
4. Provide other variable responses that might be of interest to measure and study. (Hint: If you were getting a mortgage or a loan, what are the two most important measures of the process you would have to go through?)
5. Propose one overall recommendation to the financial services company based on the DOE that could help reduce mortgage approval times.
6. Use Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to identify at least two quality references to support your discussion. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Second, create a PowerPoint presentation to communicate the data analysis you completed. Your submission must meet these requirements:
· A PowerPoint presentation with at least 10 content slides that include the answers to questions 1 through 5.
· A reference slide and cover slide with the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
o Note: The cover and reference slides are not included in the required number of slides.
· Formatting of the slides should be consistent and easy to read.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
· Develop recommendations to improve business processes using statistical tools and analysis.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.