Unit 3 Discussion 1 Conceptual Model Development
Using the resources provided as a guide, post one PowerPoint slide of a conceptual model of the program you are working with for your research
study. Often these are logic models for program evaluations and systems models for action research studies.
Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
W. K. Kellogg Foundation Logic Model Development Guide.
Unit 3 Assignment 1
Oral Presentation on Research Topic Outline
During the Residency, you will deliver an oral presentation on the conceptual model and research question(s) you create throughout your course room work at your residency. Your presentation will include:
• The conceptual model that you develop for the organization that will be the focus of your final project.
◦ Use your conceptual model to justify the need for your proposed study and/or the research question(s) you are seeking to answer.
• The research question(s) that will guide your study of the organization.
• The research methodology used in your study.
• Relevant ethical consideration for your research study given the methodology, sample, population, and/or topic.
• Reflect briefly on the progress you have made in your understanding of research-design and how it applies to your final dissertation or
• Note: Be sure to include relevant references.
For this assignment create an outline for this oral presentation. You should not write in narrative paragraphs, but rather construct an outline that shows your speaking points for each section that this presentation will address.
This oral presentation should be no longer than 5 minutes. So, once you have your outline completed, practice your presentation and making revisions as needed to get it to the appropriate length.
Submit your outline in the assignment area prior to the due date.
Oral Presentation on Research Topic Outline Scoring Guide.
Scientific Merit Action Research Template (SMART) Form – PSL [DOC].
Research studies are based on a representation of expected relationships between constructs or variables. A theory is someone’s best guess at how
these relationships are expected to interact. A conceptual model translates those expectations into a graphical representation of those relationships.
For example, a logic model can be used to describe how a particular program should work, graphically describing inputs, processes, and expected
change. Action research or participatory research seeks to solve a practical problem. Participatory research actively engages practitioners and
stakeholders to inform the development and evaluation of a potential solution.
The research is often circular in the sense that it is a process of collecting data, taking action, and then reflecting on the problem and process to guide improvements. Note how this is very different than the more linear approach taken in program evaluations. This process can be displayed using an action research feedback loop or systems model.
• Competency 2. Apply advanced critical thinking skills to research methods and design.
• Competency 9. Apply academic communication skills in verbal and written interactions within the research process.
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
1. Explain the use of logic models in research studies.
2. Develop a logic model for a program related to your proposed research study.
3. Develop a plan to effectively communicate a research topic to colleagues.
Unit 3 Study 1
Theoretical Frameworks and Logic Models
The W. K. Kellogg Foundation has a wealth of articles, resources, and guides that may prove useful to you throughout the completion of your
doctoral capstone and career. For this unit, please read the following from the W. K. Kellogg Foundation:
• W. K. Kellogg Foundation Logic Model Development Guide.
• Enhancing Program Performance With Logic Models.
• W. K. Kellogg Foundation Evaluation Handbook.
Logic Model Media Pieces
• Logic Model: Sequence of Events | Transcript.
• Logic Model Self-Assessment Quiz | Transcript.
• Theory of Logic Change Model | Transcript.
Program Evaluation Theoretical Models Media Pieces
• Program Evaluation Process | Transcript.
• Focusing the Needs Assessment | Transcript.
• Qualitative Needs Assessment Methods.
• Quantitative Needs Assessment Methods.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.