1) Which of the following accounts has a normal credit balance?
Sales Returns and Allowances
Cost of Goods Sold
2) Classic Floors has the following inventory data:
July 1 Beginning inventory 15 units at $8.00
5 Purchases 60 units at $8.80
14 Sale 40 units
21 Purchases 30 units at $9.60
30 Sale 28 units
Assuming that a perpetual inventory system is used, what is the value of ending inventory on a LIFO basis for July?
3) Which statement concerning lower of cost or market (LCM) is incorrect?
LCM is an example of a company choosing the accounting method that will be least likely to overstate assets and income.
Under the LCM basis, market does not apply because assets are always recorded and maintained at cost.
The LCM basis uses current replacement cost because a decline in this cost usually leads to a decline in the selling price of the inventory item.
LCM is applied after one of the cost flow assumptions has been applied.
4) Which of the following is not a common cost flow assumption used in costing inventory?
5) Freight costs incurred by a seller on merchandise sold to customers will cause an increase
in the selling expenses of the buyer.
in operating expenses for the seller.
to the cost of goods sold of the seller.
to a contra-revenue account of the seller.
6) Which of these would cause the inventory turnover ratio to increase the most?
Increasing the amount of inventory on hand.
Keeping the amount of inventory on hand constant but increasing sales.
Keeping the amount of inventory on hand constant but decreasing sales.
Decreasing the amount of inventory on hand and increasing sales.
7) At May 1, 2012, Heineken Company had beginning inventory consisting of 100 units with a unit cost of $7. During May, the company purchased inventory as follows:
200 units at $7
300 units at $8
The company sold 500 units during the month for $12 per unit. Heineken uses the average cost method. The value of Heineken’s inventory at May 31, 2012 is
8) For companies that use a perpetual inventory system, all of the following are purposes for taking a physical inventory except to:
check the accuracy of the records.
determine the amount of wasted raw materials.
determine losses due to employee theft.
determine ownership of the goods.
9) Echo Sound Company just began business and made the following four inventory purchases in June:
June 1 150 units $ 780
June 10 200 units 1,170
June 15 200 units 1,260
June 28 150 units 990
A physical count of merchandise inventory on June 30 reveals that there are 250 units on hand. The inventory method which results in the highest gross profit for June is
the FIFO method.
the LIFO method.
the weighted average unit cost method.
10) The accountant at Landry Company is figuring out the difference in income taxes the company will pay depending on the choice of either FIFO or LIFO as an inventory costing method. The tax rate is 30% and the FIFO method will result in income before taxes of $8,740. The LIFO method will result in income before taxes of $7,900. What is the difference in tax that would be paid between the two methods?
Cannot be determined from the information provided.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.