Our writing practice continues. This is all preparation for another essay.
After you have actively read these two poignant chapters from the Almanac, review your annotations and engage in reflection. Upon reflection and review, we can see that there is more here than first meets the eye, so to speak. This is actually an implied philosophical argument.
What are the implications of Leopold’s work?
Can you begin to connect what you have read and watched so far?
Can you find a way to integrate ecological principles and concepts with this philosophical outlook?
Answer the questions below. Think about your own writing as you ponder his.
KEY CONCEPT: CONNECTIONS
We are connected to the world around us through the food we eat and the resources we use. Work can connect us to the pieces of the natural world that support us and to the history they embody.
1. Leopold worries people no longer truly know where heat or food comes from. Think about what you had for breakfast. Do you know where it actually came from? Have you ever been to a farm? Do you heat your dwelling with coal, natural gas, wood, corn, electricity? How is the electricity generated? Do you agree that there could actually be a “spiritual danger” in not knowing the source of your food and energy? Why or why not?
2. The oak tree acts as kind of natural history text that tells the history of conservation in Wisconsin. Imagine using a tree in your yard or neighborhood to tell a history of your town, neighborhood, and family. What would your story be?
KEY CONCEPT: DECISIONS AND VALUES
Leopold asserted that each piece of land looks the way it does today because of past decisions. He suggests that any decision reflects our personal and collective values and biases. Each person will formulate their decisions differently, but by thinking about the ultimate effect of your actions, you can choose the evidence you will leave behind for others.
3. Leopold states that pines are his favorite trees. Do you have a favorite kind of tree or plant? What is it about that particular species that you like? Does liking it make you want to think of ways that you could favor its growth?
4. How has the land where you live changed within your lifetime? Are there decisions that have become your “signatures” on this area? Go online and locate if possible old photos of Los Angeles or your hometown. What did Pasadena look like more than 100 years ago? What would it look like without buildings and roads?
5. Leopold writes there are many definitions of a conservationist; his own definition is one who is thinking “while chopping, or deciding what to chop.” Can you relate to this metaphor? How might we relate this idea about critical thinking to our current environmental crisis? How would you define “conservation” today?
Answers all 5 prompts in detail using a brief quotation and analysis. Answers are full paragraphs.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.