You begin by contacting two car rental companies, Avis and Enterprise. Avis offers a midsize car for $64.99 per day with unlimited mileage. This means that for this rental the number of miles driven does not impact on the cost. Enterprise offers a midsize car for $ 45.87 per day with 150 miles free. But each mile beyond 150 that the car is driven cost $0.25. It is clear that Enterprise offers the better deal if the car is driven fewer than 150 miles. But what if the car is driven more than 150 miles? At what point will the Avis rental become a better deal? Let’s analyze the situation. Let x denote the number of miles the car is driven.
1. Suppose A is the cost of renting at Avis. Find a linear equation involving A and x.
2. Now let E be the cost of renting at Enterprise. Find a linear equation involving E and x, if x ≤ 150. Find a linear equation involving E and x, if x > 150.
3. Graph the linear Equations found in part (1) and (2) on the same set of coordinate axes. Be careful about the restrictions on x for the equations found in part (2).
4. Find the mileage beyond which the Avis rental is more economical by finding the point of intersection of the two graphs. Label this point on this graph.
5. Explain how you can use the solution to part (4) to decide on which car rental is more economical.
6. In an effort to find an even better deal, you contact Auto Save Rental. They offer a midsize car for $36.99 per day with 100 miles free. Each mile driven over 100 miles costs $0.25. Find equation(s) that involve the cost S at Auto Save Rental and the miles x driven.
7. Graph this equation on the same graph found in part (3).
8. It should be clear that Auto Save Rental is the best choice among the three if you are driving less than 100 miles. For what values of x, if any, do Avis or Enterprise offer a better deal?
9. Still not sure you have the best deal, you call Usave Car Rental. They offer a midsize car for $35.99 per day with 200 free miles. Each mile over 200 costs $0.25. Find an equation for the cost U at Usave and graph it on the same graph found on the part (7).
10. For what values of x, if any, is Usave the best deal?
11. Discuss your choice of car rental companies if you think you will drive between 125 and 175 miles.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.