1. If 8G = 96, then G equals
2. In the percent increase or decrease problems, the portion is
A. 1∕2 the original price
B. the amount of increase or decrease
C. the new price
D. the original price
3. In Johnson Corporation, the first shift produced 81∕2 times as many lightbulbs as the second shift. If the
total lightbulbs produced was 24,700, how many lightbulbs were produced on shift 2?
4. The price of an iPod dropped from $299.99 to $180.55. What was the percent decrease in price?
(Round to nearest hundredth percent.)
6. Al Resse and Marci Rey received a total of $210,000 from a deceased relative’s estate. They decided to put away $50,000 in a trust for their child and divide the remainder into 1∕4 for Marci and 3∕4 for Al. How much will Al receive?
7. On Tuesday, Pizza Hut sold 60 plain pizzas at $5 each; 20 meatball pizzas at $8 each; 25 Sicilian pizzas
at $9 each; and 33 large crust supremes at $10 each. What were the total dollar sales for Pizza Hut on Tuesday?
8. Which of the following is not a prime number?
9. A machine at Staples photocopies 121∕4 pages per minute. If the machine runs 700 minutes, how many pages will be photocopied?
10. The bank statement of July 31 for Savon Co. showed a balance of $6,008.10, and the checkbook
showed a balance of $1,900.40. The bookkeeper of Savon Co. noticed from the bank statement that the
bank had collected a note for $666.66. There was a deposit in transit made on July 1 for $1,100.10 along
with the outstanding checks of $4,580.54. Check charges were $39.40. What is the reconciled balance?
11. The sales tax in Bill’s state is 6%. Bill bought a Scion having a sales tax of $820. What was the cost of
the car? Round to the nearest dollar.
12. 750 is what percent of 900? (Round to nearest tenth of a percent.)
13. If P + 77 = 101, then P equals
14. Pumpkins at a local farm sell for $.49 per pound. Jim Ring spent $73.50. How many pounds of pumpkins did he purchase?
15. The price of a baseball ticket at Yankee Stadium increased by 21∕4 over the last three years. If the
original price of a ticket was $60, what is the price of the ticket today?
17. What is the first task in using the step approach to finding the greatest common divisor?
A. Divide the remainder into the divisor.
B. Divide the larger number into the smaller number.
C. Use the observation method.
D. Divide the numerator into the denominator.
18. NorthShoreCommunity College reimburses faculty members $.298 cents per mile to go to a workshop. Professor Wales submitted her travel log for a total of 650.11 miles. What reimbursement can Professor Wales expect? (Round to the nearest cent.)
19. 170% converted to a fraction equals
20. At Best Buy a flat screen television with a regular price of $1,790 was reduced by $395. Assuming 800 customers purchased the television, what were the total sales to Best Buy?
21. What are the three types of check endorsements used to deposit checks into a bank account?
A. Business endorsement, personal endorsement, and restrictive endorsement
B. Blank endorsement, full endorsement, and restrictive endorsement
C. Blank endorsement, in-person endorsement, and mobile endorsement
D. Company endorsement, full endorsement, and individual endorsement
22. Joe Jackson worked 8 hours on Monday, 41∕4 hours on Tuesday, 61∕8 hours on Wednesday, 71∕4 hours on Thursday, and 81∕8 hours on Friday. Calculate the total number of hours Joe worked for the week.
23. During the great recession that began in January 2008, average weekly claims for unemployment were 420,000. The normal weekly average during full employment is 122,000. How many more people were filing for unemployment in January 2008?
24. Lane is 10 times Mel’s age. If the difference in their age is 27, how old is Mel?
25. Round all the way 2,689.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.