The final project for the course is a technical blog post related to a data analysis project you will work on piecemeal over the course of the semester.
The project is very open ended. The objective is to demonstrate your skill in asking meaningful questions of your data and answering them with results of the data analysis using R / Rmarkdown, and that your proficiency in interpreting and presenting the results. The goal is not to conduct an exhaustive data analysis. The data analysis part should meet the following criteria:
1. Perform exploratory data analysis summarizing your data using descriptive statistics / summary statistics and visualizations relevant to your questions or ones that highlight some interesting insight.
2. Demonstrate at least two of the following techniques we have learned in class and that helps answer your question: PCA, hypothesis testing / confidence interval, regression analysis (linear /logistic)
The first task is to identify the dataset, understand the data and write questions you are planning to answer using that dataset. You may pick a data set from one of the resources mentioned on this webpage (Links to an external site.). The proposal should meet the following criteria:
1. Perform checks to determine quality of the data (missing values, outliers, etc.)
2. Proposal on what questions you are interested in answering from the data
3. Initial visualizations and if required transform to get the data ready
A good reference for ideas on questions and EDA in general: https://r4ds.had.co.nz/exploratory-data-analysis.html#questions
More information on the format:
It should be about 2+ pages in length, not exceeding 10 with appendix. It should include roughly the following sections:
1. Background or the context of data selected – sources, description of how it was collected, time period it represents, context in it was collected if available, perhaps why you selected it
2. Description of the data – how big is it (number of observations, variables), how many numeric variables, how many categorical variables, description of the variables
3. Goal – What questions you plan to understand from the data.
3. Analysis – Descriptive statistics and visualization of key variables
4. Summary of findings from the analysis and further questions for future analysis
5. References – link to data or analysis sources you have referenced for the report
6. Appendix – all the visualization that does not support your questions directly can go here
The project should include
1. Introduction: What is your research question? Why do you care? Why should others care? If you know of any other related work done by others, please include a brief description.
2. Data: Include context about the data covering:
a. Data source: Include the citation for your data, and provide link to the source.
b. Data collection: Context on how the data was collected?
c. Cases: What are the cases (units of observation or experiment)? What do the rows represent in your dataset?
d. Variables: What are the variables you will be studying?
e. Type of study: was it an observational study or an experiment?
f. Data clean-up: (Optional) If you had to do any data clean up (missing values, outliers, transformation), include a very brief description of your steps.
3. Exploratory Data Analysis: summarize your data using descriptive statistics / summary statistics and visualizations relevant to your questions or ones that highlight some interesting insight. Additional plots not relevant to your research question can be included in the appendix.
4. Data Analysis: Pick and perform two of the following techniques we have learned in class and that helps answer your question about the dataset: PCA, hypothesis testing / confidence interval, regression analysis (linear /logistic)
5. Conclusion: Summarize your findings and include a discussion of what you have learned about your data through this project. You may also want to include limitations of your approach and include ideas for possible future work.
6. References: Include links that you have referenced for this project.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.